Formply for strong, stable, concrete formwork
IPL Formply is manufactured for use in the concrete forming industry to provide strong, stiff, lightweight support for the forming of concrete structures. It can also be used where any other hardwearing surface is required.
- IPL FORMPLY has been manufactured at our plant in Greymouth, for in excess of 20 years and has been used successfully in the Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- IPL FORMPLY is overlaid with high quality, heavy duty phenolic resin impregnated papers which provide a hard wearing surface making it suitable not only for concrete shuttering but also for truck and ute decks, shelves and any wooden surface which is subject to high wear.
- IPL FORMPLY resists dilute acids and alkalines which increases the number of uses that is obtained when used with concrete.
- IPL FORMPLY surface is very smooth which transmits into the finish of the concrete.
- IPL FORMPLY is made in New Zealand from renewable plantation grown Pinus Radiata veneers.
Usage and Maintenance
- Place long edge of sheets across the supports.
- Allow 2-3mm expansion gap on all sheet edges and if required use some form of elastic sealer to fill gap – the gap may have to be widened to allow for the gap filler.
- When nailing or screwing the sheets it is essential to fix to avoid movement. When counter sinking the fixings through the overlay paper it will be necessary to fill these with epoxy filler and smooth off to give good finish and limit moisture uptake.
- To avoid staining from fasteners use hot-dipped galvanised, stainless or alloy fasteners.
- Cut edges should be resealed using acrylic paint which helps keep moisture out and minimises distortion that can be caused by expansion around sheet perimeters. The factories cut edges are coated with a waterrepellent coating. The veneers are bonded with marine type glue, which ensures they will not separate under wet conditions.
- Use release agent before use and reuse to ensure clean release from concrete and to minimise hydration staining.
- Take care to avoid vibrator contact as much as possible to keep face intact and in so doing extend the life, to give repetitive service.
- When storing sheets, where possible, lay flat with support of bearers.